I’m posting to Etsy teams for traffic and getting lots of views…
but my conversion rate is .01% …
what am I doing wrong?
So, TLDR… quit posting to Etsy teams! Stop and think this through for a second. You’re posting to Etsy teams. Who do you think is seeing your posts? 5….4….3….2…1…. OTHER SELLERS!
Those sellers might think your stuff is cute. They might make a mental note that if they ever need that monogrammed baby quilt with adorable giraffes that you’d be a good source. But, guess what? They aren’t buying.
Your Etsy listings need to be targetted to your buyers. What are your buyers looking for? That is who you need to worry about.
So, what can you do to put your pretties in front of actual “I’ve got my credit card out” kinda buyers?
- Make sure your title is full of keywords that your buyer is looking for. “Blue baby blanket” doesn’t cut it.
- Add materials, colors, attributes that your customer might be looking for: wool knit baby blanket, yarn knit baby blanket, baby shower gift for boy, blue knit baby blanket with fringe… there are SO many phrases that buyers are looking for!
- Stuck? Try a service like erank.com for ideas.
- *SN: I don’t knit baby blankets, so I have no clue what buyers search for. You should know and you should use those terms!
- Use ALL 13 tags that Etsy makes available to you. Again… you can use a service like erank.com or marmalead.com to help you with potential keywords.
- Post to places where you might actually find buyers. Etsy teams won’t cut it. Try Pinterest, start a Facebook group, post Instagram stories.
- Consider Facebook Ads. TheSocialSalesGirls.com is a wonderful place to start to learn how to best utilize FB for advertising (and learn a lot more about engaging your audience!)
Bottom line, let’s get your pretties in front of people that actually want to buy them, not people who are also trying to figure out how to sell on Etsy. More to come…